Podcast of an interview by Dawna Jones (author of Decision-making for Dummies) of Patricia Lustig based on her recent book, Strategic Foresight: learning from the future.
Patricia explains how to move from using one future to using a range of possible futures.
She also describes:
- How to develop your foresight muscles,
- How to scan emerging futures on a regular basis,
- What happens when you combine emerging trends together,
- What went wrong with the emergency response plan at the nuclear power plant Fukushima Daiichi and what other companies with emergency response plans can learn,
- How to work with the unthinkable,
- Why using foresight strategically gives you the side benefit of seeing patterns so critical for workplace health and decision making accuracy.
Read more at http://insighttoaction.libsyn.com/how-to-avoid-distorting-your-business-strategy-with-patricia-lustig#mFhm5uqT5JjtXFKL.99